Friday, March 15, 2013

EJB Lite feature supports JPA in Liberty Beta

The WebSphere V8.5.Next Liberty Profile Alpha gave us a first look at a new EJB Lite (ejblite-3.1) feature for the WebSphere Liberty profile.  If you use EJB session beans to drive your persistence layer you may have been disappointed since the EJB Lite capability in the Alpha didn't include support for JEE-style use of JPA with EJBs.  Attempts at injecting or lookup of JPA entity managers and/or factories within an EJB resulted in an exception.  The use of JPA with Java SE style bootstrapping (Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory()) may have worked if you happened to be using resource local transactions and connection properties (rather than server defined data sources).  This was not an ideal or typical configuration in the application server environment.

But, enough about the Alpha!  I'm happy to report that the recent WebSphere V8.5.Next Liberty Profile Beta includes a major bump in EJB Lite functionality, including integration with JPA.  This integration includes all you might expect, container managed persistence, enlistment in JTA transactions, and support for extended persistence contexts.  The WebSphere Development Tools for Eclipse Beta 9 on top of Eclipse WTP makes it a piece of cake to create new or modify existing EJB and JPA applications.  To enable EJB and JPA in the Liberty Beta just add this feature set to your server.xml (include any other features you may require):
  <featuremanager>
    <feature>ejblite-3.1</feature>
    <feature>jpa-2.0</feature>
  </featuremanager>

Check it out!

-Jeremy

17 comments:

kanchana said...

There are lots of information about latest technology and how to get trained in them, like this have spread around the web, but this is a unique one according to me. The strategy you have updated here will make me to get trained in future technologies. By the way you are running a great blog. Thanks for sharing this.
Android training in chennai

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The bigger issue that we need to concern ourselves with is whether or not we have the need for an email database in order to become effective IBM Websphere Email Database in our email marketing

Tim Nollan said...

Can’t find a reliable service to order your paper from. Check our https://scamfighter.net/review/papersowl.com on Scamfighter. Only real reviews based on personal experience and clients’ experience.

Repairtech Solutions said...

Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was really informative. Your site is useful. Many thanks for sharing! vivo V17 pro display replacement marathahalli I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own website now ;) oneplus 7 pro display replacement bangalore

Repairtech Solutions said...

You should be a part of a contest for one of the most useful websites on the internet. I'm going to recommend this website! iphone 11 pro display replacement marathahalli An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I do think that you should write more on this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but typically folks don't speak about these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!! samsung M30s display replacement

Repairtech Solutions said...

Howdy! I simply would like to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you've got here on this post. I will be coming back to your site for more soon. realme x display replacement After I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that service? Many thanks! redmi note 8 pro display replacement bangalore

Alex said...

If you have been looking for ways to showcase your talent, a portfolio website is the way to go. You can customize the website any way you want with our portfolio website themes .

Dakota Leest said...

Hi there. I need help with thesis proposal sometimes. I often order works on various topics. Articles about nature or essays on politics. Everything I can order. I know that my order will be fulfilled on any topic.

Scott Stayris said...

Thanks a lot for sharing useful information. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog.
Quickbooks is the advanced accounting software to track and manage all records of business data. Quickbooks File

Unknown said...

It's great. I have been looking for such information for my computer for a long time. Thank you for writing such an article. I found the article plagiarism facts https://theplagiarism.com/articles/plagiarism-facts. I really liked her. I advise you to read it.

Jeffrey said...

Hello. I'm always looking for something new, whether it's design work, or technology, or development, I'm looking for myself to improve my work, namely topdissertations.com/write-my-capstone-paper in writing. I'll try and immediately unsubscribe my comment.

The Palais Royale Boutique Hotel said...

Stay with Us! Whether it’s for an anniversary, birthday, honeymoon. Get the perfect place to stay for a romantic getaway in Blue Mountains.
Romantic Getaway Blue Mountains

cyber pc said...

Driver Toolkit License Key Generator Download i'm altogether enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative difficulty. It maintain me absolutely plenty to resolve a few troubles. Its possibility are correspondingly outstanding and in upheaval fashion therefore speedy.

cyber pc said...

Wifi Password Hacker i was surfing net and thankfully came throughout this website and found intensely exciting stuff here. Its in endeavor of truth amusing to settlement. I enjoyed loads. thank you for sharing this super aspire.

Adnan Ijaz said...

Hope it will definitely be beneficial for all. All the facts are posted in a convenient and also easy to understand fashion.
december umrah packages 2022

warezsofts said...

Hello, everyone i am a writer your site will inspired me a lot.

portraitpro torrent

David Jon said...

All the facts are posted in a convenient and also easy to understand fashion December Umrah Packages